Planning an event is usually very challenging; this is also true when it comes to corporate or business events. At the core of this challenge is coming up with a suitable idea for the theme. A well-founded theme sets the pace for the rest of the event planning. The theme usually takes into consideration the objective or purpose behind the business event. So let’s take a look at some general business event objectives and possible ideas to go with.
Team Building Ideas
If the objective of your event is centered around team building, you may want to make it agenda-driven. Just because it is to achieve team building does not mean you call it so – “team building”. You want to make it as fun and enjoyable as possible, and avoid any form of anxiety and eye-rolls. This event can include powerful training weaved into fun activity- something that bridges the gap between your organization and fun.Possible idea suggestions are:
- Organize an old fashioned or digital scavenger hunt. This can be in the office, or at a special venue outside the office.
- Laser tag – this is a great way to make adults go back to being kids again.
- Breaking of a world record. This is a great way to bring a team together and have them walk away invigorated.
Out of the Office Ideas
There comes a time when it becomes a grind to just keep reporting to work day-in day-out, the same time and possibly in the same attire. Sometimes, this needs to change, and an opportunity to make that happen in during an event. Instead of having it hold within the office premise, you can take it out. This goes a long to create a comfortable environment for the employees and allows for more openness and relaxation. Even if it is going to be their usual work-related routine, it is important that sometimes it is made fun and memorable.Here are some ideas to consider:
- Sports outing, whether it’s to a major or minor league team game.
- Make a visit to a botanical garden, museum, or zoo.
- Organise a company picnic for a weekend, with fun games and ask your employees to invite their families.
Paying It Forward Ideas
In today’s workforce, the place of a positive company culture cannot be overemphasized. As a matter of fact, about 80% of workers expect the organisations they work for to make donations, particularly money or other volunteering acts, to people in need within their own communities.Memorable ideas to consider are:
- Work at a food pantry and help to sort boxes of donated stuff like food, crackers etc. to distribute to shelters.
- To serve at a program for underprivileged children – this can be reading or/andplaying games.
- Adopt a house maker and related project. Here, employees can employ skills not necessarily applicable to work.
- Volunteer for a skill-based activity. This is an opportunity to offer professional help for non profit.
Whatever the purpose of the business event – whether it is strictly business or pleasure, or combining the two, the above ideas can come in handy.